Senior Friend Finder is a website designed to help seniors meet other seniors. With over 500,000 members it is one of the largest senior dating sites on the web.
Although there can sometimes be a stigma related to online dating it is a wonderful way to meet new people.
As a senior, you may be new to the online dating world. It is not as difficult or as impersonal as you may think. Give Senior Friend Finder a try!
The website is designed to help seniors connect with seniors in their area. You can search by zip code, city and more. Men and women, gay, straight or bisexual can all search as well.
You can even search for couples or larger groups if that is something that is of interest to you. It takes some of the guesswork and anxiety out of meeting people and dating.
The standard membership is free.
Premium membership costs aren’t listed.
- It is a user-friendly site with lots of members.
- You will be sure to find at least a few profiles that are of interest to you.
- Help Section, FAQ section and customer service representatives on hand to help you.
- The standard membership is free so you really have nothing to lose.
- You can e-mail, instant message and browse profiles with the free standard membership.
- You can find someone whether you are gay, straight, bisexual or otherwise.
- You can search by criteria that matter most to you.
- Online dating can be dangerous if you are not cautious.
- Standard membership limits certain services and you may end up feeling like you can’t get the best of the site without upgrading.
User reviews of the site are not great. Many complain that a lot of the people on the site have been on it for a long time and do not welcome new members well.
10 Tips for Online Dating as a Senior:
- Be cautious with your information. Don’t give out phone, address or financial information. It can be dangerous to do so. People have been hurt, swindled and even murdered doing such things. Get to know people and take your time.
- Be honest about who you are, your age and your looks. Post a REAL picture to your profile. There is no point in lying. If you actually find someone you like you will end up in a really bad situation if you have lied.
- Be sure not to become glued to your computer. Get out and meet people, as well.
- There are many online dating sites so don’t feel obligated to stick with the same one.
- Don’t expect to meet someone immediately. Just as with real world dating, these things take time. Online dating is meant to help guide the process of meeting people… not to give you an instant relationship.
- If you meet someone, meet in public. Never meet in a home or hotel. You must be cautious. Though you may feel that you know each other, you do not.
- Expect some people to judge your online dating. It can still be stigmatized. It isn’t anybody’s else’s business or concern.
- Don’t feel insecure about meeting people online. It’s a great way to meet new people!
- If it is too good to be true then it might be. Look out for liars and con artists who may be out to swindle you or hurt you.
- Never send sexual photos or other possibly embarrassing messages to people you do not know! This could come back to haunt you. If you wouldn’t want your kids to see it then don’t send it online!
This website’s standard membership is free so it is worth a shot. If you don’t like it or don’t enjoy the people that you meet then you have lost nothing.
As long as you are careful, have reasonable expectations and use good judgment then you could meet someone great. If not, there are plenty of great sites out there so don’t get discouraged.
Senior Friend Finder is an easy to use site and you can search for various criteria that are important to you as well as create a profile which shows off your best assets.
Just remember to be honest about yourself and realistic about others. If someone says that they are a billionaire oil tycoon then proceed with caution. Never send anyone money, pictures of yourself that could be embarrassing or personal information.